Friday, April 5, 2013

Bride To Be


So, I spent this weekend at South Padre Island at my cousin’s bachelorette party/weekend and I could not help but think how each bachelorette party is different. Some are more conservative than others and some are way on the wild side. However there is one universal rule: what happens at the bachelorette party stays at the bachelorette party. Not that anything bad happens boys do not worry! But its just girl business!

I, personally, would be shouting it to the world and making it known that it was my day/weekend. I feel like it is a perfect excuse to get pampered and make you the center of attention. I mean, it is basically your last several weeks of being a bachelorette before you are all wifey’d up!

I feel so honored to have been asked to be a bridesmaid in my cousins wedding. I have enjoyed every step of her journey into a new chapter of her life; from dress fittings, to showers, to the bachelorette party and the soon to come weeding. I think it is a beautiful experience, and being the youngest granddaughter I just keep taking side notes of cute ideas that maybe one day I could use for myself.

I am extremely happy for my cousin and her fiancé and wish both of them the best and mat God bless them with a lifetime of happiness!

2 comments:

  1. I'm just curious - I wonder if bachelorette parties take place in any other cultures? They certainly seem to be a more recent phenomenon here in the U.S. - perhaps a product of the women's movement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, bachelor/bachelorette parties are an interesting part of our culture when you think about it! No two are exactly alike! Candice's point is interesting as well, I wonder if other cultures celebrate bachelor/bachelorette parties or if that is something unique to our culture.

    ReplyDelete